Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Words cannot express

Wow!  What another wonderful night!!  Praise God and glory to Him who is in the highest place, before every name and so holy and magnificent!  Our God is mighty and I just want to share with you tonight how we have been so truly blessed.

A few weeks ago our minister at church approached us and said he wanted to do something to help with our adoption fundraising. He wanted to offer for us to get all the proceeds from the weekly "peak of the week" meal that he does for anyone who wants to eat and fellowship before church @ 6pm on Wednesday, considering we make provisions for the dessert.  He told us there is usually 100 people there on any given night and that the charge is $4 for anyone 7 or older.  So that would be about $400 toward our adoption.  Well, I will have you know that there were close to 200 there and we were able to raise a total of $1160!  Wow!!  What a blessing!

To top it off, the devil has really been attacking me today!  Of all things, during lunch my left ear started hurting, I called my PCP and they couldn't get me in, so I decided to go to a walk-in clinic.  Well, sure enough, I have an ear infection.  Well, I still had errands that needed to be completed (for the desserts) and the devil obviously knew that...but I wasn't going to let him ruin God's plans!  Through the help of some prayer warriors the devil was defeated.  By 6 (eating time) I was basically down to about 15% of my hearing (now having an infection in both ears!)....I felt deaf!  But, praise God, there was no pain involved...that held off till I got home (which explains why I am still up at this hour!  Just put some fresh garlic in my ear....hoping it helps and soon!  It's a home remedy I have had several people tell me works...I'll let ya know!)

I could go on and on about how wonderful our church family has been in helping us raise $$ and being supportive in every way!  Makes me even more excited to get to heaven and see what thats like if this is so good.  Sam and I are just overflowing with thankfulness to everyone who has helped us in every facet; financially, spiritually, prayerfully!

As for the steps toward sweet baby....we finally got our taxes completed and should be able to finally turn our final paperwork in to Bethany this week!  There is still quite a bit we have to do for this step but basically we are ready for the home study part....(which I would say includes the psych evals and interviews) or as I like to say...the scary part..hehe.  Prayerfully in a couple of months we will be considered a "family in waiting.

One other thing...I was looking for a way to "remember" this special evening....a way to know who was there...to show sweet baby how many people wanted him/her/them here!  I went to Hobby Lobby to look for a couple stickers to put on a piece of scrapbook paper....not ONE thing on adoption...I thought....there has to be SOMETHING for adopting families...there are so many that adopt....not everyone gets to have the "pregnant" pictures...or maybe they do and this is what it looks like for our family......talk about the longest pregnancy E-V-E-R!!!

Be blessed.

A Daughter of the King,
Candace :)

1 comment:

  1. We love you Candace and Sam and can't wait to meet our new grandbaby. =) Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete